J-1 – Internship / Exchange Programs

Interested applicants generally apply through a sponsor program approved by the U.S. State Department. Once the application is approved through the sponsor program, a form DS-2019 is issued. That form is used as part of the J-1 visa application at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Program areas include:

  • Au Pair Professor & Research Scholar
  • Camp Counselor Secondary School Student
  • College & University Student Short-Term Scholar
  • Government Visitor Specialist
  • Intern Summer Work Travel
  • International Visitor Teacher
  • Physician Trainee